Tips for common coverage issues and claims handling
Posted on February 12, 2019
As we settle into 2019, here are some tips Aspera Insurance learned in 2018 – especially with regard to Hurricane Michael. These range from common coverage issues to our claims handling process.
Please consider reviewing policies with your clients prior to renewal or at the point of sale.
- We are able to offer coverage without a co-insurance clause or a mandate to purchase a full replacement cost.
- Aspera can offer replacement cost coverage, regardless cost coverage, regardless of age, for total losses. For partial losses and homes more than twenty (20) years old, settlement payment will be *actual cash value.
- Explain to your clients how the Wind/Hail deductible works prior to issuing the policy. Most homeowners don’t fully understand the Wind/Hail deductible – the higher the percentage, the higher the deductible.
Personal Property Limits
- Aspera offers Special Limits of Liability (Coverage C – Personal Property) for certain classes of personal property such as firearms, computers, musical instruments, and more. These Special Limits differ from that included in a typical HO-3 policy.
- You can find and select scheduled personal property coverage in the next to last question on the application; find scheduled personal property rates in our underwriting guidelines.
Other Structures Coverage
- Don’t forget about Coverage B options! Dwelling may hold up well in a storm, but dethatched structures (sheds, dethatched garages/carports, fences, etc.) could end up taking the brunt of the damage from the storm.
We appreciate all you have done to ease the concerns of your insureds through these events.
Thanks for all that you do!